We are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for Maternity cover approx 6-12months at Lambert Brothers to focus on the purchase ledger and other tasks as directed by the Finance Manager.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Review and check all supplier invoices. Check for POD and that price is correct. Follow up any that are missing.
- Deal with Purchase Ledger email inbox in a timely manner.
- Answer payment queries by email and by phone.
- Post supplier DD payments to Sage 200.
- Prepare and code supplier invoices, expenses etc. Post to Sage 200.
- Set up new accounts in Sage 200 and maintain existing accounts details as required.
- Distribute invoices to managers for authorization.
- Update Sage 200 for authorised invoices and follow up unauthorised items.
- Prepare Supplier payment runs for review and authorization.
- Process payment runs on Sage 200.
- Reconcile supplier statements to Sage when received and follow up discrepancies.
- Maintain details of Agency driver spending and distribute.
- Create Purchase Ledger data for accruals – to be given to the Finance Manager.
- Month end close of Purchase Ledger. Ensure Final Aged creditor report is “cleaned up” and agrees to N/L.
- Support and back up for payroll with Driver Wallets – as and when needed.
- Check the summary for a larger customer to Stirling and preparing Stirling ready for invoicing.
- Liaising with Traffic department and larger customer to ensure discrepancies are resolved.
- Other duties as specified by the Finance Manager to help the department.
Key skills include:
- Proficient in using office based IT systems in particular Sage 200 and mircrosoft excel.
- Previous purchase ledger experience advantageous.
- Proactive and ability to maintain relationship across the business/Group.
- An enthusiastic and strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required.
- Support Group / Company initiatives, comply with all Group / Company policies and demonstrate Group / Company values.
- The ability to ensure tasks are completed accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and flexible working practices in particular during month end.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 02380 617331