Lambert Brothers are looking for a new Customer Care Manager to join their Customer Service Team.
This is a senior role in the Company and you will be responsible for all customer care functions, working closely with the Commercial Manager and other managers to plan, coordinate and control the activities of the customer care team to make sure that the needs of our customers are being satisfied and meet all organisational and operational objectives.
Your aim is to create and lead a team that provides excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the Company. The role is office based but some customer visits may be required.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working in a busy transport office dealing with a high volume of queries and telephone calls including complex and escalated issues
- Develop and implement agreed customer service standards, policies and procedures via managing a team of customer service staff, to include handling face-to-face customer enquiries, spot rates, pod’s, claims management, P26 and enquiries e-mails, KPI compilation and Contrado and e-Stirling IT solutions especially Dashboard and ETA’s
- Plan, prioritise and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department
- Review and assess customer contracts, especially for new accounts, developing a clear understanding of their requirements and service level agreements
- Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery
- Track customer complaint resolutions
- Input and update rates and maps on Stirling
- Liaise with other management to support and implement new customer service improvements and growth strategies including daily ‘Held in Depot’ reports
- Proactively support the teams’ and individual’s development through engagement, training, appraisals and leading by example
- Utilising and updating CRM with records of discussions or correspondence
- Overseeing P26 and Enquiries e-mails, delegating responses where necessary
- Develop a thorough understanding of pricing schedules and be able to provide accurate rates
- Proactively support and adhere to all Group HR, GDPR and Health & safety policies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of managing people in a fast-moving environment
- Able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving and a track record of concluding customer service challenges
- Able to recognise where peak customer activity may require a flexible approach to working hours
- Understanding of customer requirements and to be able to maintain good rapport and behave in a calm, professional and responsible manner at all times
- An ability to work under pressure
- Organisational and planning skills to develop customer service policies
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Palletline Charter and systems
- Able to use company software management systems including Stirling, Contrado, Trutac, TrackitNow
- Able to use Excel and Word to support operational role
- Effective communication skills to liaise and coordinate effectively with other LBH and Kinaxia traffic offices
- Ability to support traffic operators in identifying non-conformances and how to apply best practice to resolve
- A commitment to improve your own customer service skills on an ongoing basis
- Skill to interpret and apply rules, regulations and procedures in a cost-effective way
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.