Lambert Brothers Haulage have a new exciting role for an experience Customer Service Manager.
As a Customer Service Manager at Lambert Brothers Haulage you will be responsible for the Customer Service team working closely with the Commercial Manager to develop and implement effective customer service strategies. Leading, reviewing, developing and implementing policies / procedures which support the Company to provide a competitive advantage in customer service and to ensure the need of our customers are being met.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Customer Service Manager:
- Leading a team of customer service advisors, proactively supporting the team and individual’s development through engagement, training, appraisals and leading by example.
- Working in a busy transport office dealing with a high volume of queries and telephone calls.
- Responsible for the day-to-day customer service administration and co-ordination of activities to include that timed deliveries / bookings / phone calls / emails / queries / issues are dealt with promptly and solutions are provided for customers in line with agreed standards and targets.
- Ensuring problems are solved at the time, to the best of your ability using the resources available before escalation to the Commercial Manager to resolve.
- Provide guidance to Customer Service Advisors on any issues and problems that may arise.
- Develop a clear understanding of our customers, their requirements and all service level agreements.
- Meet deadlines at all times by planning and balancing administrative and project tasks effectively.
- Develop a thorough understanding of pricing schedules and be able to provide accurate rates.
- Provide routine reports on KPIs and measured selected accounts.
- Ensure relevant IT systems including emails and Contrado are accurate and updated daily and as required.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve customer services.
- Proactively support and adhere to all Group, H&S, HR policies and working practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the Company and our Customer client base.
- Develop processes to monitor / measure customer satisfaction and improve services.
- Set a good example by working safely.
- Working in accordance with GDPR to ensure customer service process / procedures remain complaint.
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the company.
- You will be responsible to the Commercial Manager.
- You will have responsibility of the Customer Service team.
- You will have a develop a specialist working relationship with customers (internally and externally), the transport teams, Palletline and other fleet operators.
Key Skills of a Customer Service Manager:
- Communication skills that allow you to advise clearly and communicate effectively with other professionals
- Management of a Customer Service Team
- ILM Level 7 or equivalent.
- Good understanding and practical use of IT systems
- Problem solving in particular complex and challenging problems
- Business knowledge and commercial acumen
- Able to work well under pressure
- Confidence, patience, calmness, tack and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Organisational and planning skills to develop customer service policies and procedures
- Creative thinking to develop new ideas to improve customer service standards
- Professionalism, pride in your work and own personal development
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
- Salary is dependent on experience.
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.