Lambert Brothers Haulage have an exciting new opportunity for a drivers mate that wishes to progress onto Class 2. As a drivers’ mate you will support the driver of a vehicle operating on a prestigious contract and making deliveries to retail outlets in Central London. There is a requirement to move pallets with a pallet truck and to handball heavy boxes into shops.
Lambert Brothers are a successful Haulage company offering Haulage and Warehousing to customers across the UK.
Role and responsibilities of a Drivers Mate include:
- Assist and support the driver in making multi-drop deliveries in Central London.
- Learn every aspect of a HGV driver’s role (excluding driving initially)
- Learn how to perform daily vehicle checks to ensure a vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use.
- Support the HGV driver with non-driving duties.
- Understand the importance of arriving at jobs on time by using the most efficient routes.
- Learn how to ensure that all paperwork is correct and accurate.
- Drive the Company van as required.
- Understand and follow all company procedures, customer procedures.
- Understand and learn the Highway Code.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping.
- Maintain health and safety standards at all times.
Key skills of a Drivers Mate include:
- Awareness of and ability to maintain security procedures
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with customers face to face
- Ability to interpret customer paperwork
- Car driving licence (maximum 3 points)
- Interest in the transport industry
- Hard working, flexible, punctual and with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Eagerness to progress to a HGV Driver
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.