Lambert Brothers Haulage are looking for an new Fork Lift Truck Driver to join their Warehouse team.
As a Fork Lift Truck driver you will be loading and unloading vehicles within the yard in a safely and timely manner. You must have a valid FLT License.
Roles & Responsibilities of an FLT Driver:
- Extensive experience of operating a fork lift truck within a fast-paced & time critical environment.
- Demonstrate a safe, efficient & logical loading / unloading approach across a varied fleet of vehicles & pallet types.
- Some manual handling will be required including rope & sheeting, pick and wrapping (training provided)
- Ensure all freight received into the warehouse is identifiable and is presented correctly. Any damages, unsafe pallets etc must be reported and backed up by photos to Line or Contract Managers.
- Familiarisation of different racking/storage systems.
- Ensure the Kinaxia trunk is loaded and completed, where possible by the 19.00 deadline. Relaying any relevant information to Department managers / Trunk Planner.
- Complete W/H end of day check list and leave a copy for Warehouse, Contract and Fleet Manager.
- Experience of working with warehouse IT system and barcode scanning.
- To ensure high standards of housekeeping and waste control are maintained including the yard, warehouse, office and car parking areas.
- To ensure Health and Safety standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Flexibility to work across the site yards as required.
- Actively encourage and seek to implement continuous improvements within processes and
procedures, engaging employees at all levels.
Key Skills of an FLT Driver:
- A mature approach to Health and Safety.
- FLT Licence essential
- Counterbalance and Side loader licences advantageous
- Class 2 or Class 1 licence is desirable but not essential (training will be considered following a successful probation period)
- An enthusiastic and strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required.
- Support Group / Company initiatives, comply with all Group / Company policies and demonstrate Group / Company values.
- The ability to ensure job records are recorded, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.