Lambert Brothers Haulage are looking for an experienced Management Accounts assistant to provide support to the Finance Manager, you will will be responsible for the professional development of identified members of the finance team.
This is a 6 month fixed contract, with a very competitive salary for the right candidate
- Maintain spreadsheets throughout the month to inform the month end journals
- Weekly analysis of vehicle use and questioning traffic department where there are discrepancies to identify new vehicles, then update insurer and all systems and log-ons for any changes
- Cover for cashflow, banking and other cash matters for the Finance Manager, including making decisions about payments to be made
- Cover for Finance Manager for payroll approvals
- Complete reports to inform management of sales information
- Fuel Analysis from fuel report. Check Average purchase price and recharge to departments by vehicle)
- Hire Purchase. Update for transactions in month, calculate and process interest, reconcile
- Revenue – Review and re-code where necessary (Contracts, Fuel Surcharges etc.)
- Calculate Fuel Costs, Wages etc. Analyse and transfer costs as appropriate
- Contracts Vehicles. (Calculate Fuel Costs, Wages etc) Analyse and transfer costs as appropriate
- Company credit cards. Analyse and post company credit card transactions
- Calculate Fuel Surcharge and inform customers
- Prepayments, Monthly Accruals & Purchase Ledger Accruals. Calculate and post journals
- Reconcile movements of subcontractors in the month and calculate accrual
- Close ledgers in Sage
- Sage Reports. Run all necessary month end reports
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register and all of the accounting procedures related to the vehicles, plus update the insurer and maintain the Dart Charge and Congestion Charge for all vehicles to check compliance
- Month end Fixed Assets procedures
- Analysing pricing
- Oversee a key customer’s invoicing and ensure accuracy, this requires good excel skills
- Reconcile all Haulage Balance Sheet Accounts
- Prepare the monthly accounts pack and Review draft accounts for significant variances (vs. budget, vs. last year, vs. Trends)
- Maintain Property accounts, invoicing, bank statement and reconciliations
- Assist Finance Manager with annual audit as required
- To be able to use Excel to intermediate standard for workings
- To be able to post accurate journals without support
- Newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Proactive and able to develop and maintain relationships across the business
- Flexibility to tighter deadlines at month end, during year end and annual audit
- Understanding of VAT for management accountant duties
- Previous work in an accounts department
- Use of Accounts Package – Sage 200 preferable
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.