Lambert Brothers Haulage are looking to recruit a Senior Transport Operator to provide end to end service for general haulage customers ensuring all agreed service levels are maintained, contract vehicle operations and any new contract opportunities are operated effectively. Also, to support all other aspects of the mainstream transport operation and planning function.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all general haulage including full load, groupage, contract vehicle activity, scheduling, planning (to minimise failures) and vehicle management.
- Support and lead driver management including driver reviews, induction, briefs, driver productivity measures and to ensure drivers have accurate/required information to allow them to perform their roles effectively.
- Support achievement of company vehicle earnings targets by producing and providing accurate KPI information when required.
- Support other transport activity as required including sub-contractors, Kinaxia K-Link development and utilising the general haulage fleet for any pallet network jobs to ensure the vehicles are used efficiently and impact positively on vehicle capacity.
- Proficient use of transport and company database systems and software.
- Work according to the Saturday rota.
- Proactively support group and local HSSE and HR policies and procedures to champion change and increase engagement.
- Maintain constant communication with various departments to ensure effective site operational activities and manage accordingly.
- Lead by example, as this is a hands-on role and you will be expected to support the development of other members in the team as well as well as the driver workforce for whom you are responsible.
- Experience with planning and scheduling of Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- Strong knowledge of transport regulations and how to adhere to these legal requirements.
- Able to use company software management systems including Stirling, Contrado, Trutac, TrackitNow
- National or International CPC an advantage.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of vehicle earning capabilities
- Leadership experience and a willingness to progress your career.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 02380 617331