Lambert Brothers are looking to recruit a Transport Operator to provide end to end service focusing on a specific large client and other specific transport contract customers within the pallet services operation. The successful candidate will need to ensure all agreed service levels are maintained and able to support the development of new and additional contract opportunities. Also, to support all other aspects of the mainstream transport operation and planning function.
40 hours per week including a Saturday Rota
Role and responsibilities include:
- Oversee all contract transport activity
- Support all transport activity including planning and scheduling, driver management and vehicle management
- Support the implementation of the schedule to ensure operational efficiency in line with customer service level expectations and ensure non-conformances are advised and recorded using prescribed methods
- Maintain effective systems to ensure drivers receive the correct manifests and delivery paperwork
- Support driver debriefing process in line with agreed parameters
- Support achievement of company vehicle earnings targets and driver productivity.
- Support other transport activity as required
Key skills include:
- Ability to follow a plan and provide feedback where necessary
- Understanding of customer requirements and able to have good rapport
- Understanding of Drivers’ Hours, WTD and FORS rules and guidelines
- Able to use company software management systems including Stirling, Contrado, Trutac, TrackitNow
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 02380 617331