Lambert Brothers Haulage are looking for a new Van Driver to join their team.
As a van driver at Lambert Brothers you will be expected to learn about the business and operation with the view to progressing to a Class 2 driver within the business. You must have a full UK Driving License.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Van Driver:
- Multi-drop deliveries which may include some Central London drops.
- Learn every aspect of a HGV driver’s role.
- Learn how to perform daily vehicle checks to ensure a vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use.
- Understand the importance of arriving at jobs on time by using the most efficient routes.
- Learn how to ensure that all paperwork is correct and accurate.
- Take responsibility for the Company van as required.
- Understand and follow all company procedures, customer procedures.
- Understand and learn the Highway Code.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping.
- Maintain health and safety standards at all times.
Key Skills of a Van Driver:
- Awareness of and ability to maintain security procedures
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with customers face to face
- Ability to interpret customer paperwork
- Car driving licence (maximum 3 points) is essential
- Interest in the transport industry
- Hard working, flexible, punctual and with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Eagerness to progress to a HGV Driver Class 2 is essential.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.