An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of our team at Lambert Brothers we are looking to recruit a Workshop Administrator, who is able carry out administrative tasks associated with the workshop including paperwork relating to company vehicles and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The forward planning of workshop capacity liaising with the workshop Manager and Supervisor regarding the availability of labour, work inprogress in conjunction with updating service due, and fleet spec spreadsheets.
- To ensure the following are completed accurately and to agreed timescales; stock checks, job cards, service sheets, invoicing, MOT certificates, part and consumable orders, defect notes, LOLER register, goods returns and other necessary routine daily tasks.
- To ensure that labour, parts, consumables are accurately charged during the invoice procedure and raise cost reports-invoices as required.
- Returning goods to supplier where necessary and agree credits and reimbursements for same.
- To order Parts and Sub-contact services inline with company procedures.
- To ensure all necessary maintenance records are up to date on internal local systems including Sterling.
- To ensure that forward planning and booking of MOT tests are carried out in a timely manner.
- To ensure all guide lines on health and safety are followed within the scope of your responsibility.
- To Maintain good working relationship with internal staff and suppliers.
- To carry out end of month procedures including clearing down outstanding WIP prior to closing the month down and corelating invoices applicable to suppliers on consolidated terms.
- To ensure the workshop portacabin is kept tidy and neat as far as is practicably possible.
Key Skills Include:
- Good understanding to use DMS(Stirling)system.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good IT skills to include Word, Excel.
- Able to manage own time efficiently.
- An enthusiastic and strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required.
- Support Group/Company initiatives comply with all Group/Company policies and demonstrate Group/Company values.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A mature approach to Health and Safety.
Hours: Monday to Friday (30 hours) /Flexible Hours to suit
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes